Sunday 22 July 2012

Back to Arty Melbourne



Sorry I haven't updated for a couple of days, I've had a whirlwind of a weekend!! I'm back in Melbourne and so sad to leave Sydney. I found this trip so inspiring, meeting new people that are so welcoming and interested in life!! I feel so grateful for my friends and family!! My friend picked me up from Melbourne airport this evening and we headed straight for oysters and champagne, there is always a reason to celebrate!!! To our surprise the Gertrude Street Projection Festival had commenced, it's on for the next 10 days and I highly recommend going and having a sneak peak!! I've updated a few photos, it's on until the 29th July. Windows, lane-way walls, footpaths, shop interiors, tree trunks, and whole buildings are lit up with art installations, created by projection artists, community groups and individuals. The event is free 6pm- midnight. Highly recommended!!
I'm getting flooded with ideas for my next piece, this weekend has truly been inspirational! This week is going to be a busy one!! Time to take action on all those thoughts! Hope you all had a great weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment